[Ads-l] intrusive "of" intrudes further

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Fri Nov 6 15:38:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 19:18:20 -0500Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM> wrote

How about this, attributed to a presidential candidate whose name you would
recognize in a twinkling?

"And various of scientists have said, 'well, you know there were alien
beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how.' You
know, it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you."

(I mean, how about the "of"?)

[my response follows]

from a piece of spam that arrived timely for this discussion:

<begin quote>
Our actively growing company opens a  vacancy of a letters reviewer for
the people who speaks English fluently to aid in dealing
with our exterior clients.

Your job duties will include  proofreading our business correspondence
and fixing spelling and grammar  inexactness that might occur in the
text.

The job consumes about 1-2 hours  a day.
You may do this on your own time.

To apply for this job you must meet our requirements:

*Location: priority - USA, but Most important - you Speak English.
*Having a Laptop

<end quote>
Apparently a desktop will not do.
One hopes that these people will find someone to proofread their recruiting emails.

- Jim Landau