[Ads-l] RTFM

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 6 17:19:39 UTC 2015

Thanks, Garson.

I am very skeptical of asserted usage before the late '70s.

On the other hand, the exasperated phrase "Read the fucking manual!" may go
back nearly to the invention of manuals.

Anyone recalling being told that long ago might easily retroject the
acronym onto the era of the memory.

JL