[Ads-l] Most Notable Quotations of 2015 So Far?

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Fri Nov 6 20:06:17 UTC 2015

It's hard to top Fred's stunning list.  (Except perhaps in 2016, as the election season gets more heated -- or will next year offer a thinner selection, as the jerks get weeded out?)  And this won't do it, but I offer it anyway:

All the Cardinal's men.Both A. O. Scott and Ty Burr, or their headline writers, in simultaneous reviews in the NYTimes and Boston Globe today of "Spotlight".

Joel

      From: "Shapiro, Fred" <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:34 PM
 Subject: [ADS-L] Most Notable Quotations of 2015 So Far?

I’m starting to think about my annual list, run by the Associated Press, of the top 10 most notable quotations of the year.  By “notable” I mean
“important” or “famous” or “particularly revealing of the spirit of our times” rather than necessarily being eloquent or admirable.

I would welcome suggestions of notable quotations from 2015, particularly ones from politics or popular culture or entertainment or sports or
business or technology.

Here are some of the contenders that I am already aware of:

blood coming out of her eyes; blood coming out of her -- wherever
Donald Trump

Who's doing the raping?
Donald Trump

He is not a war hero.
Donald Trump

a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight, and when they come out, they're gay.  So, did something happen while they were in there?
Ben Carson

Clinton sparred with Fox News reporter Ed Henry, who asked her whether she "wiped" her server.
"What — like with a cloth or something?" Clinton joked

Stuff happens.
Jeb Bush

Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?  But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee.  What are her numbers today?
Kevin McCarthy

Fred Shapiro