[Ads-l] When Snow Sticks

Baker, John JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Nov 9 04:30:32 UTC 2015

According to the correspondent quoted in World Wide Words:  "What do you call it when falling snow, rather than melting as it touches the ground, remains in its frozen, snowy state? I’m from Bristol, where this is pitching. But other parts of the country have it as laying or settling or landing, or a whole variety of dialect terms.”

John Baker