[Ads-l] When Snow Sticks

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 9 12:54:49 UTC 2015

"Settle" sounds familiar but literary. "Land" sounds crazy, "lay" weird
"pitch" impossible.

I can't even believe our Hoosier friends of 1895 could feel the need to
enclose "sticks" in quotation marks!

Seriously, I may have learned this meaning of "stick" even before the more
common one - age ca 2.

JL