[Ads-l] Sad *on* you.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 20 11:57:58 UTC 2015

When I was a lad (ca1960)  the usual white-kid equivalent was "Tough on
you!"

A. Man, if you don't lend me a pencil, I'm gonna be in trouble with the
teacher!

B. [Snorts.]  Tough on you!

Or,

A. My parents just died in an inconceivable freak accident ! Now I'm an
orphan!

B. Tough on you!

It  was often said by those who loved that it was tough on you and not on
them.

JL