[Ads-l] cis/cissy

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 21 06:24:10 UTC 2015

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 12:14 AM, Geoffrey Nunberg <
nunberg at ischool.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> cissy

I would have made the connection immediately, had I not had the BE "sissy >
cissy" equation in my mind for the past half-century.

It's impressive that this problem has been eliminated from society with a
few, simple additions to the  vocabulary, just as easily and simply as the
addition of "African-American" and "n-word" has ended all traces of racism
and the replacement "Jew" by "Jewish" has eliminated anti-Semitism.

Who knew that the solution would be hidden in plain sight in Whorfism!

--
-Wilson
-----