[Ads-l] "illegal immigrant" as politically incorrect

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 30 22:02:23 UTC 2015

It is said, by the sort of tendentious, mystical semantic reinterpretation
we are familiar with, that no person can be actually be "illegal."

Because it is perfectly legal, and more than legal, to be a person,
immigrant or otherwise.

So "illegal immigrant" is a coarse insult to the humanity of the
undocumented.

As is "alien," because aliens are from space.

JL