[Ads-l] "just as good _of_ a(n) NP"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 19 11:06:34 UTC 2015

I was never taught *not* to use "of" in those cases - presumably because
nobody was foolish enough to use it.

If anyone in NYC was doing so before the mid '70s, I have no recollection
of hearing them.

That includes people on TV, by the way.

It still sounds bizarre to me - and not just from a prescriptivist
position.

JL