[Ads-l] Heard: "primer"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 24 04:05:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Herb Stahlke <hfwstahlke at gmail.com> wrote:

> [praIm at r] for the paint.

Oddly, when I hear that, my first thought is of the preliminary charge that
ignites the main charge, after the firing pin strikes the base of the
cartridge. It must be my Southern heritage. I've never owned a firearm, but
my parents, grandparents, and other adult relatives kept a variety of
handguns around the house. Or should that be, "around the home"?

--
-Wilson
-----