[Ads-l] a couple of quotations: sources needed

Thu Sep 3 04:24:39 UTC 2015

The quotation about Bloomsbury has many variants. Below is an instance
attributed to Margaret Irwin in the Google Books database in a book
with a GB year of 1960. Only a snippet was visible but the snippet
revealed a date of March 29, 1941. Apparently, the excerpt below
appeared in the New Statesman in 1941. Maybe something similar can be
found in the 1920s or 1930s.

Year: 1960
Book title: Critic's London Diary: From the New Statesman, 1931-1956
Book author: Kingsley Martin