[Ads-l] An illustration of the "new syntax"

Sat Sep 5 19:03:50 UTC 2015

This is a complex word. http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/singular_plural_number.htm <http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/singular_plural_number.htm> provides some examples.

I personally get confused about “plurality” (as in “a plurality of elements”) because I usually see it in the predicate, and on the rare occasion where I have to use it as the subject, I have trouble figuring out whether it’s singular or plural.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/singular_plural_number.htm