[Ads-l] Adage: Youth is wasted on the young (George Bernard Shaw variant April 22, 1931)

Mon Sep 7 16:55:05 UTC 2015

Excellent citation, Stephen. Thanks. Inspired by your discovery I
located an earlier citation.

[ref] 1931 February 14, Rockford Register-Republic, Cook-Coos by Ted
Cook (King Features Syndicate), Quote Page 8, Column 1, Rockford,
Illinois. (GenealogyBank)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
Someone asked Bernard Shaw what, in his opinion, is the most beautiful
thing in this world.

"Youth," he replied, "is the most beautiful thing in this world---and
what a pity that it has to be wasted on children!"
[End excerpt]

Garson