[Ads-l] postrationality

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 8 01:14:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 11:36 AM, David Barnhart <dbarnhart at highlands.com>
wrote:

> There is always a student or two who exhibits "post-rationality" usually
> in the back of the classroom, isn't there?

Unfortunately, such a student is all too often right up in yo' grille, like
the student, mentioned on another site, who is demanding from her committee
the privilege of using as the indefinite singular _they/their/them_ in her
thesis, though her school's style-brook forbids it. Why she wants an
exception made just for her she doesn't say. Refusing to take "no" as an
answer, she is requesting references to "academic papers in support of
[her] position."

What is her "position"? That rules are made to be broken?

Post-rationality.

--
-Wilson
-----