[Ads-l] Job posting: Tenure-Track Asst. Sociolinguistics Prof. @ NYU

Grant Barrett grantbarrett at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 10 20:47:55 UTC 2015

Please reply as indicated below, not to me or the list.

The Department of Linguistics at New York University seeks an
assistant professor to fill a tenure-track position in variationist
sociolinguistics beginning September 1, 2016, pending administrative
and budgetary approval. We seek outstanding applicants whose research
addresses language use and linguistic diversity from a variationist
perspective.  Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and
graduate courses, and supervising student research.

Review of applications will begin on November 9, 2015. To apply, see
the NYU Department of Linguistics web site at the URL
below. Instructions for electronic submission of documents can be
found under the link 'Employment'. Applicants should submit an
application including a description of their research program; a
teaching statement; curriculum vitae; and work samples.  Applicants
should also make arrangements for three letters of reference to be
submitted according to the instructions given on the website.

Linguists who work on endangered languages and/or under-researched
languages are encouraged to apply.  We especially welcome applications
from linguists whose methods include quantitative studies of large
data sets.  For further information about this position, please
contact Professor Chris Barker chris.barker at nyu.edu.

New York University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Application Deadline: (Open until filled)

Web address for applications:

http://linguistics.as.nyu.edu/page/jobs

University or Organization: New York University
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Web address: http://linguistics.as.nyu.edu/page/jobs

Specialty Areas: Variationist sociolinguistics