[Ads-l] "be absolved of" = "be confirmed or proved of"

Dave Hause dwhause at CABLEMO.NET
Sat Sep 19 03:04:26 UTC 2015

Or, a convoluted way to say "convicted."
Dave Hause
-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Berson
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 11:27 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: "be absolved of" = "be confirmed or proved of"

Chicago Blackhaws star Patrick Kane, an accused sexual assaultist, has
apologized -- not to his (alleged) victim, because "he has too much respect
for the legal process", but to his family, teammates, "this incredible
organization and, of course, our fans."

He adds, "I am confident once all the facts are brought to light I will be
absolved of having done nothing wrong."