[Ads-l] "be absolved of" = "be confirmed or proved of"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Sep 20 23:36:53 UTC 2015

Or it's the (relatively) simple encroachment of "of" on other prepositions or connectives again (which we've witnessed before).  I can imagine someone saying

"I will be absolved as having done nothing wrong."

LH