[Ads-l] CPT (1912), on Barry Popik's website

Arnold M. Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Thu Apr 14 17:50:45 UTC 2016

> On Apr 14, 2016, at 10:16 AM, James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM> wrote:
>

> ... A few years ago a list member (I seem to recall it was Arnold Zwicky, but I could be mistaken) posted to this list a case where an African-American woman had used "CPT" (or maybe "colored people time") in conversation with him.

yes, it was me. about an African-American woman on the staff of the dementia care facility where my man Jacques was a resident at the time (1998-2003).  ahe was explaining why arrangements for some event were so far behind schedule (being behind schedule was no issue for the residents, of course, but it was for their families).  she put it down to CPT, asking me if i knew what that was, and i said something along the lines of "oh yes; i sure do; why, there's even GPT", and she got the reference to "gay people's time", which made her dissolve in pleasurable laughter.

somebody who's better at searching the archhives than i am could no doubt find the exact date (and text).

arnold