[Ads-l] cliffhanger (UNCLASSIFIED)

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Sat Apr 16 00:18:40 UTC 2016

      From: "Mullins, Bill CIV (US)" <william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 10:05 AM
 Subject: Re: [ADS-L] cliffhanger (UNCLASSIFIED)

> "when cliff hanging was an art" Nov 15, 1930 [End excerpt]

Sept 3 1930 cite (see col 1):
http://ia902509.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/2/items/variety100-1930-09/variety100-1930-09_jp2.zip&file=variety100-1930-09_jp2/variety100-1930-09_0001.jp2

I am not able to find the Nov 15 1930 cite in the Lantern database (front end search for Variety in Internet Archive), and suspect it may be in error, as the closest-dated issue of Variety it holds is Nov 19, 1930, not Nov 15, 1930.  But possibly Lantern only holds the weekly edition, and Garson's cite is from a Daily edition.

JSB:  Go to the microfilm, and enjoy!  (As I once did before I knew there was a database.)

Joel