[Ads-l] Semper Gumby (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Apr 19 21:26:02 UTC 2016

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Other 1991 citations:

Anderson IN _Anderson Herald Bulletin_ 9 Feb 1991 p a-9 col 3 [Newspaperarchive.com]
"Semper Gumby: Always flexible, a play on the Marine motto Semper Fi."
This is a Dallas Morning News article, and also appears in the Madison WI _Wisconsin State Journal_ on 10 Feb 1991

From Mar 1991:
https://archive.org/details/USNSMercyThePulse228  (bottom of right-most column)

European _Stars and Stripes_ 12 May 1991_ magazine section, p 2 col 3
"Compliments of our Marine associates:   Refer to all family members and friends, affectionately, as "Hogs," Establish a "hog log" and a "hog board." Elect a "hog queen." Instead of grace before meals, preface with "chow down, hogs." Sprinkle conversation with "Semper Fi" or "Semper Gumby." "