[Ads-l] ship, v. (2000-01)

Wed Aug 17 01:42:30 UTC 2016

Below is an message dated September 28, 1999 from a Star Trek fan
fiction newsgroup that contains the phrase "my friend who ships this
couple" which I think is evidence of "ship" being used as a transitive
verb.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.startrek.creative.erotica.moderated/Tp8EbQLWxGE/jjPS2hIZ330J

[Begin excerpt]
From: "Ivan Roman" <IAR... at hotmail.com>
Subject: Who Lives Happly Ever After 1/? P, K/T (Voy/DS9)
Date: 1999/09/27
Newsgroups: alt.startrek.creative.erotica.moderated

. . .
Authors note:First I got the idea for this story from "I don't have to wonder"
by Timothy Hood  Second let me thank Karah for her beta one
day I'll get my Grammar right. Third let me warn you K/T shippers my friend who
ships this couple Pissed me off so I stared writing this. Aside
from that I welcome any and all feedback and or helpful suggestions.
[End excerpt]

Garson