[Ads-l] irwin Cory 1960 repo convention

paul johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Tue Aug 23 17:08:33 UTC 2016

Cory was performing at a nite club (Mr Kelly's I think) during the
convention, at that time Bughouse Square was still active as a debate
forum In showed up one evening and proceeded somewhat like this.

"Mr Speaker, fellow delegates, our listening audience here in this
magnificent hall and all Americans listening at home.  The Commonwealth
of Virginia, the mother of 8 presidents , the oldest state of the
original 14 colonies, the home of Patrick Henry, the capitol of the
confederate states of America  The Old Dominion, the home of Robert E
Lee, the builder of Battleships with 22 electoral votes,...yields!"

I'm not doing him justice, it was a brilliant performance totally ad lib
and done on a street corner!

--
If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.