[Ads-l] Antedating of "toodle-oo" (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Wed Aug 24 14:56:30 UTC 2016

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Possibly related:

_The Era_ 25 Jul 1896 p 21 col 2
"WANTED, 100 Music Hall and Pantomime Artists to forward 1s. for a Copy of Hilton's Great Success, "Toodle-Loodle-Loo."  A Written Free-singing Permit forwarded with each Song."

From this sheet music,
https://www.facebook.com/505718842814750/photos/a.508230265896941.1073741831.505718842814750/946081105445186/?type=3
it appears to be an 1895 song compose by George Hilton.

_The Era_ 14 Jan 1899 p. 18 col 5
"Mr. Charles Vincent sings a cleverly arranged medley of popular titles, and displays ability that is more agreeably utilised in "Toodle-Oodle-oo." "