[Ads-l] "dig out" wikthout the "out"

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Fri Aug 26 14:20:41 UTC 2016

"Some polls have him [D___ T___] on 1% of black votes, and that is a hole from which he cannot dig himself."

>From The Economist, at Clinton says Trump has based his campaign on prejudice and paranoia

|   |
| Clinton says Trump has based his campaign on prejudice a...The Democratic nominee suggested that Donald Trump had aligned himself to white supremacists and conspiracy theorists |
|  |
| View on www.economist.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

In my dialect, "dig" is creating a hole, not climbing out of one.  Is the above usage specifically British?

Joel