[Ads-l] fuck them

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 29 20:52:16 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> 1971

This iconic work - regarded as both a comic and a linguistic _Meisterstück_
- sold like hotcakes at the 1971 Summer Linguistic Institute at SUNY
Buffalo ("LI71") - or at "Buff State," as it was still referred to by the
locals, back then.

That's where Geoff Nathan and I met, BTW. We were next-door neighbors in
the dorm, Goodyear Hall. He claimed that Toronto was pronounced "Tronna" by
its residents, one of whom he purported to be. I didn't quite believe him.
I have since become fully persuaded that Geoff spoke the stone truth.

IAC, as Ike Turner once remarked, "Those were the good old days!"

--
-Wilson
-----