[Ads-l] mic/mike (was fuck them)

Marc Sacks msacksg at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 31 19:21:51 UTC 2016

No, Amy. It's not just you. I still spell it mike, just like I did when I
learned it back in the 50s. Though come to think of it, I never really
learned it, just heard it pronounced mike and spelled it accordingly, just
like a guy's name. Mick could be a guy's name too, but it's not short for
mickrophone. so what gives?

Marc Sacks