[Ads-l] Tom Wolfe disses Noam Chomsky ...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Sep 1 00:45:14 UTC 2016

There's a shorter version (but still pretty long for a magazine article) that appears in the current (August 2016) issue of Harper's.  It gets a lot wrong on the recent history of the field, but that probably doesn't bother Wolfe.  (And I'm not an acolyte of either Chomsky or Everett, who according to Wolfe is the knight that slew the Chomskyan dragon.)  I downloaded a .pdf (although not a subscriber) via http://harpers.org/archive/2016/08/the-origins-of-speech/ but probably only because I was logging on from Yale at the time.

LH