[Ads-l] Query from New York Times on "Sounds good."

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Fri Dec 9 21:36:47 UTC 2016

Dear ads-l colleagues,

Would anyone be able to help Jane Karr (New York Times editor) with her query
below?  Any assistance would be much appreciated.

G. Cohen

From: Karr, Jane [jakarr at nytimes.com]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 2:29 PM
To: Cohen, Gerald Leonard
Subject: NYT inquiry

Professor Cohen,
For the magazine I edit, Education Life, I'm wondering if you could shed light on the usage of the phrase "Sounds good."
 I notice it was entered in the Urban Dictionary in 2009, although I've been hearing it from young people more recently in alarming frequency. (They are Midwesterners and college students.)
Do you have a sense of when this phrase was popularized and was it on campus?

Jane Karr
Editor, Education Life

The New York Times
212-556-4102