[Ads-l] Modern Proverb: Sacred cows make the best hamburger (antedating attrib Aardvark magazine 1965)

Mon Dec 12 07:17:34 UTC 2016

The adage in the subject line was discussed on the list way back in
March 2010. Now the QI website has an entry:

Sacred Cows Make the Best Hamburger
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/12/12/cows/

[Begin acknowledgment]
Great thanks to Szescstopni, Gary, and Erica A. Zwick whose inquiries
led QI to formulate this question and perform this exploration.
Special thanks to Bonnie Taylor-Blake, Victor Steinbok, and Charles
Doyle for valuable research. Thanks also to mailing list discussants
Jim Parish and Robin Hamilton.
[End acknowledgement]

Garson