[Ads-l] Dialect clash: _shlong_

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 21 02:18:32 UTC 2016

Slightly earlier (1968) in Collin Baker et al.'s _College Undergraduate
Slang Study_ (CUSS), where "schlong" is defined as "male sex organ" (see
GDoS).

But that surely can be antedated, since we have the verb "schlong" meaning
"defeat soundly" from 1967, as I discussed last year during schlong-gate:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2015-December/140194.html