[Ads-l] Facebookery: _homeworks_ as a count-noun

Joe Salmons jsalmons at WISC.EDU
Fri Dec 23 14:34:52 UTC 2016

Wilson,
I’ve used that for a roughly a gazillion years and it STILL bugs me when spellcheck flags it (in Word, Mail and everywhere else). When you’re doing a syllabus or talking about grading, I have different kinds of assignments and a homework is one kind. You’ve got two oral presentations, one paper, and 8 homeworks, or whatever. It’s a case where I always wonder ‘how else am I supposed to say that?’.

Joe