[Ads-l] Corkball: the Saint Louis game

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 25 05:45:48 UTC 2016

Those with long memories may recall my mention of _corkball_, a kind of
stickball peculiar to The Lou, some years ago. The game now has a page on
Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corkball.

Should anyone bother to read the article, he/they may ignore the references
and external links. They're all dead.

Should anyone actually be interested in the lore of the game, then he/they
may consult

Charles Patrick Pierce
Sports Guy: In Search of Corkball...
Da Capo Press, 2001

The Lou and The City share a game-name: _wallball, but the two games are in
no way related, the StL game being a variety of stickball, whereas the City
game is a variety of handball.
--
-Wilson
-----