[Ads-l] "A _team_ of UC Davis students _are_..."

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Fri Dec 30 06:21:11 UTC 2016

... or Subtle Semantic Difference, differentiating between the group considered
*as* a group, and the group considered as a set of individuals?

"A team of UC Davis students is expected to perform well it arrives tomorrow"

vs.

"A team of UC Davis students are expected to riot when they arrive tomorrow"

R.