[Ads-l] Reflections/query on the term "glove compartment" (of a car)

Mon Feb 1 00:57:23 UTC 2016

Here is a 1916 item from a review in Motor Age.

Date: April 20, 1916
Periodical: Motor Age
Article: New Mitchell Models Show Very Much Improved Bodies
Quote Page 44

https://books.google.com/books?id=s1UfAQAAMAAJ&q=%22glove+compartment%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
Two little items which indicate the extent
to which comfort has been considered are
the glove compartment in the instrument
board, and the tonneau light on the back
of the forward seat.
[End excerpt]