[Ads-l] OT - Not the OED

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Mon Feb 1 02:10:03 UTC 2016

Does anyone have any strong opinions, either positive or negative, about the Oxford Dictionary Online?

In the wake of the recent Rabid Twitterstorm, which finally Made It Big in America via the Washington Post on 27/1/16, but had already been raging in the MSM in the UK, I’ve been thinking thots about the ODO.

Specifically, how useful do listmembers feel it is to provide three citations to illustrate a dictionary entry, none of them with any indication of date or provenance?

I have other issues, but that for starters.

Robin Hamilton