[Ads-l] Skinny, n.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 2 22:33:10 UTC 2016

"_Mil_. a native of Somalia, esp. an armed member of a militia."

Not in OED. Millions of raw Google hits.

1999 Mark Bowden _Black Hawk Down_ (N.Y.: Penguin) 9 [ref. to 1993]: The
Somalis - whom they called "Skinnies" or "Sammies."  Ibid. 38: Intel had
said the Skinnies were smuggling heavy weapons across the border from
Ethiopia.

2012 Kurt Johnstad _Act of Valor_ (film): Filipinos, not Skinnies.

Partly sugg. by the "Skinnies," an alien race in the popular science
fiction novel _Starship Troopers_, by Robert A. Heimlein:

1959 Heinlein _Starship Troopers_  (N.Y.: Putnam)  146: We came back into
the ship after the raid on the Skinnies.

JL