[Ads-l] Very Slight Antedating of "Teddy Bear"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 7 00:00:14 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Peter Reitan <pjreitan at hotmail.com> wrote:

> the color "Alice Blue"

Inspired on of my grandmother's favorite songs, "Alice Blue Gown." Being
unaware of the existence of the color-name, I was really puzzled as to how
_Blue Gown_ came to be Alice's surname. The line, "In my sweet little Alice
blue gown," was of no help, since I couldn't feature what a woman would be
doing outdoors in her [night]gown.

It just didn't make *no* kind of sense!
--
-Wilson