[Ads-l] Quote: Two geniuses in the world - Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare

Sun Feb 7 11:33:27 UTC 2016

Fred has a YBQ entry with a citation in 1987 for the quotation
referred to in the subject line of this message. I've made some
progress and located a 1962 citation:

[ref] 1962 October 23, Chicago Daily Defender, They Said It, Quote
Page 11, Column 4, Chicago, Illinois. (ProQuest)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
"There have only been two geniuses in the world -- Willie Mays and
Willie Shakespeare. But dahling, I think you had better put
Shakespeare first."
 --Actress Tallulah Bankhead
[End excerpt]

The website now has an entry: