[Ads-l] Earliest Use of "Live Long and Prosper" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Feb 18 17:19:18 UTC 2016

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Geoffrey Steven Nathan <geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Earliest Use of "Live Long and Prosper"
>
> According to my usual W-flavored source for this kind of trivia, it
> was used in the episode Amok Time, which was written by Theodore
> Sturgeon (a ranking SciFi writer of the fifties and sixties).
>
> Geoffrey S. Nathan

Also creator of Sturgeon's Law:  "90% of everything is crap".

http://jessesword.com/sf/view/328

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED