[Ads-l] Kiss my arse for a week of fair weather. 1659

Mon Feb 22 16:09:49 UTC 2016

On twitter I was just asked about the earliest instance of "kiss my
ass". (Not sure why I was selected for this inquiry.)

The remarkably capacious OED has an entry:

[Begin excerpt]
l. to kiss (a person's) arse, behind, bum: to behave obsequiously
towards (a person). As imp., esp. in phr. kiss my arse: a vulgar
rejoinder, stronger than 'go to hell'.

1705   in N. & Q. (1971) Feb. 46/1   You can father it..just as you
did another man's philosophical essay upon the wind..when you made
bold with several pages from the learned Dr. Bohun, without saying so
much to the Dr. for his assistance as kiss my a–se.
[End excerpt]

Early English Books Online has this:
1659 Paroimiographia Proverbs
Kiss my arse for a week of fair weather.