[Ads-l] _slide-out_: the act of drawing attention to oneself

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 27 03:36:06 UTC 2016

According to comedian/actor Kevin Hart, this is the semantic development.
At a concert, when a member of a singing group has a solo, he steps away -
"slides out" - from the rest of the group, thereby taking the spotlight.

Since _slide[-]out_ gets nearly 10,000,000 hits, isn't in the UD, is in
Green, but on a blank page, I haven't made any real effort to document it.
Besides, the fact that Hart felt that the term needed explanation suggests
that it has no general circulation. Perhaps Hart himself nonce-coined it.

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson
-----