[Ads-l] "All That's Good."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 15 19:12:23 UTC 2016

This is another obscure B-side by The Miracles, released in 1965. The
context is approx.: "everything nice that you do for me, all (of) that's is
good."

In the Army in Germany in 1961, this was an expression of resignation. As
most people have come to realize, thanks to the current forever war, once
that a soldier has reported for active duty, he has right to be released
from active duty. Soldiers stationed in Germany, whether regulars or
draftees, could have their terms of enlistment "extended" at will, after
which they would usually be shipped out to "Viet-Nam," as it was known,
then.

A. Damn, I got extended!
B. Shit, man!
A. Well, all that's good.

It could also be an expression of false bravado,

A. Damn, man!. You done lost again! You subject to be broker than the Ten
Commandments, by now!
B. All that's good! All that's good! I could get me all kind of change, if
I wanted to!
--
-Wilson
-----