[Ads-l] A "tea ..." what?

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jan 18 16:21:41 UTC 2016

If I am served a cup of tea and want to preserve the leaves or bag for a second cup, I ask for something to put the infuser. strainer (if the server does not walk away with it), or tea bag into.  What do I call the something?  Please distinguish whether you are presenting American, British, (East) Indian, or other usage.


The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list