[Ads-l] "Publisher Extra" at Newspapers.com (Previously: "[go/went] the full nine yards" (Interdating, 1946-1951))

Wed Jan 20 20:34:28 UTC 2016

Thanks for your interesting response, Bonnie.

The addition to Newspapers.com is called "Publisher Extra" and the new
annual subscription fee is $139.00. This fee includes the subscription
to Newspapers.com. I will probably upgrade someday.

Here is a link to some information on "Publisher Extra":
http://blog.newspapers.com/introducing-publisher-extra/

I noticed that "Detroit Free Press" from 1831–2015 was part of
"Publisher Extra". In the past "Detroit Free Press" was available via
ProQuest, but I have been unable to readily access that ProQuest
database.

I knew via indirect evidence that "Detroit Free Press" had a pertinent
citation for a QI entry about mines and liars. Prompted by the
messages on this thread I performed a search and determined that
out-of-copyright issues of "Detroit Free Press" are, indeed,
accessible in Newspapers.com without the need to pay for an upgrade!

[ref] 1881 November 9, Detroit Free Press, Currency, Quote Page 3,
Column 2, Detroit, Michigan. (ProQuest)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
A mine is a hole in the ground. The discoverer of it is a natural
liar. The hole in the ground and the liar combine and issue shares and
trap fools.
[End excerpt]

A Gold Mine Is a Hole in the Ground with a Liar at the Top
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/07/19/gold-mine/

Garson