[Ads-l] Antedating of "Homophile"

Sat Jan 23 08:33:43 UTC 2016

Below is a possible match in 1953. The passage seems to be about Alain
Gerbault. I do not know what Swedish word was being translated.

Year: 1953
Title: Tigerland & South Sea
Author: Olle Strandberg
Remark: Translated from the Swedish by M.A. Michael.
Publisher: Michael Joseph, London
Quote Page: 188 according to GB
Database: Google Books Snippet View
(This data may be inaccurate and must be verified on paper; the
publication year is given in GB and WorldCat; translation note is from
openlibrary.org)

[Begin extracted text]
That restless and legendary tennis player, tramp of the seven seas and
homophile, had apparently expressed the desire to be buried on Bora
Bora, and while the grave was being got ready, his ashes were
deposited with Papa Juventin.
[End extracted text]