[Ads-l] QOTY: "A tweet is a simple tweet."

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jul 5 15:31:54 UTC 2016

Yes, not "nondisclosure".  I didn't have a better word until I later read someone using "nonderogatory agreement".

Joel

      From: James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 10:19 AM
 Subject: [ADS-L] QOTY: "A tweet is a simple tweet."

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 13:59:46 Zone+0000 Joel Berson <berson at ATT.NET> wrote:

<begin quote>
More fully:

“A tweet is a simple tweet. The bottom line is you can read into things
that are not there.” [Sic; a missing "it" or "them".]

Corey Lewandowski, on CNN July 3.  Lewandowski, Donald Trump's former
campaign manager, is now a newly-hired CNN commentator who had
previously signed a nondisclosure agreement with Trump that prohibits him
from saying anything negative about Trump or his campaign.
<end quote>

This is NOT a "nondisclosure agreement", which is an agreement not to disclose inside information learned while an employee.  This is better described as a gag order, since Levandowski had he signed a nondisclosure agreement, would be allowed to say negative things about Trump as long as they referred to things that happened (such as the infamous Star-of-David tweet) after leaving the Trump campaign.

I'd like to know what the Gehenna CNN was thinking when they hired a commentator who is so blatantly censored.

- James A. Landau

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.