[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Re: OED updates June 2016 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Tue Jul 5 21:16:37 UTC 2016

Unfortunately, doing so has no effect on some of the gobbledygook. I've done that twice, and (at least) Bill Mullins' messages always come through as garbage. There must be some other trick.

As a result of doing this a couple of times I now get the digest version as well (not my intention...), and his messages are not garbled there. FWIW.

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
WSU Information Privacy Officer
Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 4:36 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: OED updates June 2016 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM>

Also in the archives, you can read about how to avoid garbling:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2016-March/141448.html

Send a message (no subject line needed) to the list PROGRAM (not the list)
at LISTSERV at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the message "SET ADS-L FULLhdr"