[Ads-l] "bugger"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 13 20:27:26 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:
On Jul 13, 2016, at 12:58 PM, James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM>
wrote:

> It seems to me that just about every derogatory term for a person (even
> the N-word) is used, in certain times and places, as an endearment.

Is "even the N-word" used as a term of endearment by white people? Do you
think that there is the least possibility that you could persuade me that
it is so used?

When you speak of the use of the word, "nigger," you have not the least
idea of what you're talking about, unless of course, you're using as a
racist pretending not to be using it as a racist.

--
-Wilson
-----