[Ads-l] WOTY?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jul 25 15:23:15 UTC 2016

> On Jul 25, 2016, at 11:17 AM, Dave Wilton <dave at WILTON.NET> wrote:
>
> "Greatest Niche Utility" would seem to be a useful (and fun) category.

Research should probably begin (but maybe not during the summer) at the International Banana Museum in Mecca (no, not *that* Mecca):

International Banana Museum, Mecca, CA

“The Banana Museum puts a smile on peoples’ faces every time,” says founder Ken Bannister. Since the early ’70s, he’s gone bananas for the tropical fruit, amassing more than 18,000 items of bananabilia, from a banana-shaped putter to a seven-foot-tall banana popular for photo ops. He sold the world’s largest collection of a single fruit to a new owner in 2010—the equally enthusiastic Fred Garbutt—who serves banana smoothies and dresses in banana-themed clothing at the newly installed nonalcoholic bar within the museum.

http://travelmiamor.blogspot.com/2013/12/bizarre-museums.html