[Ads-l] Now in your hands, the the key to the "singularity"... (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 4 05:38:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You are the wry one, aren't you, Wilson?
>
> Such nonsense that forty years later, the news channels vastly
> prefer "East Asian."

"Occident-centric"

If a word is in the lexicon of a contemporary Indo-European language, how
TF can it *NOT* be Occident-centric?! _East_ goes directly back to
proto-Indo-European, _Asian_ is derived from Ancient Greek Ἀσία _Asia_ - of
no certain origin, but it *is* known not to have an Asian <har! har!>
etymology - and _Orient_ goes back to proto-IE through Latin.

Am I missing something or am I simply an utter ignoramus? I refuse to take
this any more seriously than I take _N-bomb_ and _N-word_, both of which,
like _African-American_, are mere covers, non-distinct from _nigger_.

I don't believe that the networks care about "Asian" one way or the other.
They don't "prefer" it. It simply costs them nothing to use it. As long as
it keeps the Orientals happy and spending their money.
--
-Wilson
-----